Saturday, August 18, 2012

I am erratic.



I still haven't posted my food diary, in part because I am embarrassed. I made reasonable choices until Thursday night, but that's when it started to go downhill. After donating plasma, I went over to a friend's apartment and proceeded to eat a bag of tortilla chips with pizza sauce, and drink two Lone Stars. That was my dinner. The following morning I ate three plums and three breakfast tacos. The director at my school was nice enough to bring in some vegan ones: black bean and potato.

The tacos tasted so good I started craving more. So, I went to Taco Bell and had two bean and potato burritos. Oh, and I forgot about this part until just now... I was already dehydrated before eating the burritos, so in a state of total irrationality I drank one liter of 7-Up. I rarely drink soda, and if I do, well... No, I just hardly ever do it. I can't remember the last time I had soda.

I haven't been sleeping enough so maybe that's part of the problem. I've been a little stressed by my new job. Oh, but I haven't even gotten to the terrible, depressing climax yet.

After spending more money on food yesterday than I intended, I decided to stop by Supermercado El Rancho on my way home for enough cheap produce to last me through the weekend. I didn't make it past the fifteen feet of pastries (pan dulces) that greet you as you walk in the store.

I though, "Hmm." I've feeling tired and stressed out. I want to relax tonight. I'll buy a couple of pastries. I won't give you all the details of my brain's machinations, because it's too depressing to go into, but I ended up purchasing nine pastries, eating four of them on the ten-minute car ride home, and proceeding to eat the other five before bed while watching three hours of YouTube videos.

I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment