Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Projects


I know my recent lack of food and fitness updates must be at least as disappointing for you as it is for me. Fear not, the wheels are turning. I'm going to be living alone very soon, and I'm taking it as an opportunity for new resolutions and lifestyle projects.
Here are the three main things I'm hoping to work on:
  1. Posting recipes on my blog and cooking more decadent things than I've been eating lately. Consistent with my periods of obsessive calorie-counting, I want to include extensive food stats and play around with recipes to make them fit my dietary goals.
  2. To make this a bit more challenging, I also want to reduce my food budget significantly. It's typically $200 to $300 a month right now, and I want to start tracking my expenditures and displaying them for public scrutiny. The main goal of this plan is to show that eating lots of delicious, healthy, vegan food can be cheap.
  3. I have not worked out in a long time, and I would like to start jogging regularly. I also hope to start doing the machine circuit at my gym at least three times a week.
Those were the main things I've been thinking about. I'm so out of the habit with meal-planning, but I can sense the bug coming back. I've gained some weight in the past few weeks, and I'm just really feeling like I don't have any control over my food intake. The time is now.

So, starting Thursday... Get ready.


(Note: The Ramadan thing only lasted two days. I'm still trying to educate myself more on Islam this month; I just don't feel compelled to also damage my body and mind in the process.)

No comments:

Post a Comment