Saturday, June 25, 2011

I know it's late.

But I feel like if I don't post an entry right now I'm going to lose track of my food notes and then all my meticulous lists and computations will be for naught. I have way too much to write about to not be posting daily.

I did P90X yesterday: Kenpo. I went ahead and only ate about 1200 calories that day too, but I broke down and ate about 400 calories worth of cashews before I went to sleep that night. Wait, it was Thursday. When this publishes this should say it's Saturday, so that would be two days ago.

Anyway, it's a cardio exercise and I'm pretty sure I burned a fair amount of calories. So, that made things tough. Also, I'm officially off Slow Carb. I know it's lame to quit a few days before my goal date, but I've really started doubting the fruit avoidance, among other things. More than that, I'm just bored with it. It's not nearly complicated enough to keep my attention.

I took some notes on Buettner's The Blue Zone I want to share, but it could get lengthy so I'll save it for another post when I feel I have the time, space, and energy. I'm going to skip to all the food now before I forget.

First, I'll make a note about June 21. That was the best meal plan I've put together so far. I bought five cans of spaghetti sauce on clearance from HEB for 50 cents, so I'm hoping to do a similar meal plan to that one again soon.

In order to continue delaying the inane food stats, I will also mention that I am challenging myself to create both a "shelf-stable" meal plan and a raw meal plan. Both of them would be at 1200-1300 calories and follow the Zone recommendations. I created a "semi-raw" meal plan for tomorrow as a start. Only the bananas and blueberries are actually raw, but I think the other foods could be easily substituted for raw versions. Like I said, it's a start.

The purpose behind doing the raw plan is to impress my raw vegan friend. I want to do a "no refrigeration necessary" (or any prep at all, for that matter) one for when I'm traveling or something. I was imagining packing a bag with a few bottles of water and having my little snack containers to carry around and munch from. Zone-friendly trail mix, crackers, jerky, I suppose.

That reminds me. I haven't been posting pictures. I'm really falling down on the job here. And now, for real this time, the food.



June 22
  • Tofu scramble - 320 calories, 32 grams protein, 4 grams carbs, 16 grams fat
  • Broccoli - 150 cal, 5 P, 20 C, 0 F
  • 4 Boca patties - 280 cal, 52 P, 24 C, 2 F
  • 2 slices of Whole Foods pizza - 427.6 cal, 9.2 P, 56.4 C, 19.2 F
Total calories: 1177.6; Total protein: 98.2; Total carbs: 104.4; Total fat: 37.2


June 23
  • Peanut butter and jelly sandwich - 325 calories, 11 grams of protein, 36 grams of carbs, 16 grams of fat
  • Tofu, TVP, mixed vegetables - 867 calories, 76 grams of protein, 58 grams of carbs, 27 grams of fat
  • 6 oz. container of blueberries - 97 calories, 1.3 P, 24.7 C, 0.5 F
Total calories: 1289; Total protein: 88.3; Total carbs: 118.7; Total fat: 43.5

(Note: I actually consumed something I calculated to be over 1600 calories due to my cashew splurge before bed.)


June 24
  • Tempeh, black beans, mustard greens - 603 calories, 46 P, 49 C, 12 F
  • 1 serving cashews (about 14 nuts) - 163 cal, 4 P, 9 C, 13 F
  • Boca sandwich with ketchup - 185 cal, 17 P, 30 C, .5 F
Total calories: 951 cal, 67 P, 88 C, 25.5 F

(Note: I screwed up by not eating my last serving of the tempeh, bean, green mix. I may eat it tomorrow to make up for it. I didn't want to eat it late at night, because I've been trying to avoid eating after 7pm. Also, I had a few ounces of wine before bed. I'm going to possibly make that a staple in my meal planning in the future.)

June 25 (bridge to raw plan)
  • 2 servings soy protein with 16 oz. soymilk - 400 cal, 78 P, 10 C, 4 F
  • 1/2 cup mixed nuts - 440 cal, 16 P, 12 C, 38 F
  • 2 bananas - 210 cal, 3 P, 54 C, 1 F
  • 12 oz. blueberries - 194 cal, 2.5 P, 49 C, 1 F
Total calories: 1244; Total protein: 99.5; Total carbs: 125; Total fat: 44

No comments:

Post a Comment