Monday, June 20, 2011

Perfecting My Eating Disorder

It's past midnight right now. I know that by the time I publish this, Blogger will say it's still Sunday, but that's because it thinks I live on the West Coast. All my settings say Central Time Zone. There's a note right now at the bottom of my screen that reads, "Draft saved at 12:42 AM." But no. It's all a lie. I know that when I hit 'PUBLISH POST' my blog post will transport back in time two hours. Such is its way.

Speaking of time travel, I watched Meet the Robinsons with my son today. I highly recommend it.

So, back to my masochism blog. I made it pretty close to my goals for the day on food intake, thanks in part to staying up late Saturday and napping a lot today. It's easy to eat less when you're sleeping. However, it also means I didn't do P90X. I'm still debating whether to try to do it in these early morning hours, but I don't know if I can handle it. My calves are really sore from "Legs and Back," and "Kenpo" looks like it requires functioning legs. After my fail on "Yoga" I'm a little more hesitant to work out when I feel this sore. Doing an hour tomorrow would be better than doing twenty minutes today, right? Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day, so I could just call today my day of rest...

In addition to an accounting of my food for the day, I will also include a meal plan for my food for tomorrow. I'd like to start cooking the night before and putting my food into five small, convenient plastic storage containers. Wouldn't that be cute! I don't really see how I could achieve Zone/P90X/Slow Carb perfection without such a routine.


Food I Ate
June 18
  • 60 oz. of water
  • handful of mixed nuts
  • soy yogurt/stevia/cinnamon/vanilla
  • 1 package of 20 wasabi seaweed sheets
  • almond milk/stevia/rice protein
  • entire pack of spinach with tofu scramble
  • 20 oz. of tropical green tea
  • curry cashews (Way too expensive, delicious, and calorically dense for me to have sitting in my pantry. I need to budget some in for the week.)
  • more mixed nuts
  • Supplements (Fine, I'll finally list them. I've actually taken them two or three days in a row now)
    • B12 (500 mcg)
    • B-2 (100 mg)
    • D2 (4000 i.u.)
    • Acetyl L-Carnitine (500 mg)
    • K2 (45 mcg)
    • Cal/Mag/Zinc complex (333 mg/200 mg/15 mg) - Also has D2 (233 i.u.), Copper (.33 mg), Bamboo (10 mg), Boron (33 mcg), and Glutamic Acid HCI (33 mg)
    • Vegetarian DHA (240 mg)
  • 24 oz. of mint/jasmine/something or other tea

 June 19
  • 48 oz. of water
  • tempeh "sausage" and chili beans with broccoli (I ate it spaced out over morning to late afternoon)
    • 1065 calories, 61 grams of protein, 113 grams of carbohydrates, 32.5 grams of fat
  • 1 oz. of almonds
    • 180 calories, 7 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbohydrates, 14 grams of fat
  • 2 packs of sugar-free cherry gel
  • 12 oz. of constant comment tea
June 19 Totals: 1245 calories, 68 grams of protein, 119 grams of carbohydrates, 46.5 grams of fat


This is my meal plan for tomorrow. I'm going to try to cook it right now, store it, and then wake up early and buy some small food containers in the morning.

June 20 Meal Plan Breakdown
  • tempeh sausage (no oil) - 450 calories, 39 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbs, 15 grams of fat
  • tofu scramble (no oil) - 320 calories, 32 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, 16 grams of fat
  • broccoli (16 oz.) - 150 calories, 5 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fat
  • black beans (15 oz. with balsamic vinegar and garlic powder) - 330 calories, 21 grams of protein, 57 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fat
  • Totals: 1250 calories, 97 grams of protein, 120 grams of carbs, 34 grams of fat

No comments:

Post a Comment