Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Or Not

These taste bad, but they must be healthy, because Adventists made them.
I'm done with wine. I don't like it. I was only drinking it because Sardinians do. The Loma Linda Adventists don't drink any alcohol at all and they're old too. I've decided to be more selective in how I pick and choose Blue Zone cultures to emulate in my daily life. To learn more about Blue Zones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone. Better yet, read the book I've been reading the past several days: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Zones-Lessons-Living-Longest/dp/1426202741. I've been saying I'm going to post my notes, but I have yet to do so. Maybe I will on some odd day off work when I'm feeling...odd.

I actually ate 1585 calories yesterday because I didn't drink wine before bed. Today I ate closer to 1200, even though I said I was going to stop doing that. I'm kind of hooked on unsafely rapid weight-loss now. With that said, I gained a pound at some point during the past 24 hours. That was probably a fluke though. Water weight and what not.

OK, so I posted the food I ate yesterday, but I haven't posted anything for today and tomorrow. I will do that now. This is boring, isn't it? Writing everything I eat. By the way, I haven't done P90X since Saturday. It's looking like I'm only going to be able to do it two or three times a week. Oh well. It's better than nothing. Maybe once I get my life on a better schedule I can start exercising more often.

Also, I'm switching from the Zone-recommended 40 carb - 30 protein - 30 fat to 40 carb - 40 protein - 20 fat. I had stomach discomfort today after eating the nuts, and looking back, the times I've had discomfort on the diet are from having too much fat at once. This doesn't mean I couldn't plan better and spread the fat around, but I know me, and I'm bad at that sort of thing. And I've felt really good on low-fat diets in the past, so, this is what I am doing. Additionally, I will be dropping caffeine. And I'm going to avoid protein shakes. I think they might upset my stomach too.

I could write an entire blog on my finicky food problems, but I'll spare you for now. Hopefully forever.

And another rule: 7 hours of sleep. Ideally, closer to nine, but 7 at an absolute minimum.


I ate this:
This is the kitchen where the magic happens.

June 28
  • 1 soy protein shake - 200 calories, 39 grams of protein, 5 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fat
  • 1/2 cup curry cashews - 390 cal, 10 P, 22 C, 32 F
  • 6 oz. carrots - 80 cal, 2 P, 18 C, 0 F
  • 1 cup Hi Lo Cereal - 180 cal, 24 P, 26 C, 4 F
  • 1 cup soymilk - 70 cal, 9 P, 5 C, 1 F
  • 1/2 cup soymilk (last swig from the bottle) - 35 cal, 4.5 P, 2.5 C, .5 F
  • 1 individual size bag of Rold Gold pretzels - 230 cal, 4 P, 47 C, 2 F
  • 1 banana - 105 cal, 1.5 P, 27 C, .5 F
Total calories: 1290; total protein: 94 grams; total carbs: 152.5 grams; total fat: 42 grams


So, I lied. I'm too tired to post my meal plan for tomorrow. I have a few precious minutes before I must retire if I am going to salvage my dream of 7+ hours of sleep. Damn the torpedoes; I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment