Monday, June 6, 2011

Post-Binge and Thoughts on Life

It won't take very long to cover what I ate yesterday. 32 ounces of water, a plain Boca patty, and a Boca patty mashed up with a cup and a half of refried black beans with Daiya cheese. That is all I consumed. I'm imagining that's less than 500 calories.

I did go to sleep pretty early. Actually, it might have been before 6pm. But I wasn't hungry yesterday, and I'm still not very hungry. All I feel like eating is Boca patties, refried beans, and carrots.

This diet stuff is boring me though. I'll still post all the food I eat each day; I'm actually finding it really easy to keep a piece of a scratch paper and a pen on me and write down what I'm eating. But I'm not very excited about this project right now. That will change. I'm temperamental. But for now I'm bored.

So, yeah, enough of this food business. I started this blog to serve as a record of my contentious relationship with my body, and to broadcast my sense of futility to the world, because I think a lot of people can relate to those feelings. And I realize now more than ever how much every aspect of my life is interconnected. My room has been a wreck since I moved into my new apartment in January. It has actually gotten worse over the past month since I finally finished bringing stuff over from my previous residence. I also have credit card debt, awkward interpersonal relationships, job-related stress, and a number of other unresolved issues in my life. Eating the right foods and exercising the right amount at the right times won't solve those problems.

Or so it might seem. But just as I have managed at many times in my life to follow strict dietary regimens, and for brief periods to follow exercise routines, I should be able to develop systems for dealing with other problem areas. This morning I have actually managed to further consolidate my book collection, round up items I've been meaning to take to Goodwill for months, and organize my room somewhat. I don't think I would have been as likely to do those things if I hadn't started to take responsibility for my health.

I have a number of other personal projects it might do me well to publish here. I was really tempted to eat some of the leftover chocolate wafers in my fridge this morning, but because I'm broadcasting everything I eat on my blog, I decided against it. My fear of public shame is a powerful motivator. There's a good possibility I may be posting a new project soon that will run concurrently with the "slow-carb" diet. I just need to figure out what it's going to be first.

No comments:

Post a Comment