Also, I started P90X on Tuesday. My success in the program may depend in part on whether I injured my shoulder yesterday. Of course, today's workout happens to be "Shoulders and Arms," so I should figure out pretty quickly how bad it is. If it's anything serious it could be a "rotator cuff" injury, but I could have also just strained it since I was stiff. I did a back-flip while hanging from a pull-up bar. That's why my shoulder hurts. It was dumb.
I don't think I got enough sleep last night. Instead of going to sleep soon after 10:30 when I was ready, I played Angry Birds for an inordinate amount of time. I don't know how long it was precisely, but the battery died on my phone, and that's the reason I quit playing. I hope it wasn't more than a couple of hours, but it's hard to tell with those things.
My writing doesn't seem to be very inspired right now, so I'm going to jump to food.
- 3 sticks of Double Mint gum
- tofu scramble, black beans, and broccoli
- 68 oz. of water
- 12 oz. of yerba mate tea
- B12 supplement
- swig of wine and diet tonic water
- 2 Boca patties
- 104 oz. water
- tofu, lentil, broccoli
- 1 stick Stride peppermint gum
- 8 oz. almond milk with 1.5 tablespoons of brown rice protein (post-workout)
- 2 Boca patties, this time with mustard
- 3 Keebler fudge sticks - 480 calories
- 2 Boca patties with mustard - 140
- 8 oz. almond milk with 1.5 T brown rice protein - 110
- 52 oz. water
- B12 supplement
- 2 servings mashed potatoes with 1 T Earth Balance margarine - 240
- 2 servings whole wheat macaroni with "cheese" sauce - 650
- 2 Boca patties with about a tablespoon of olive oil - 260
- 4 tablespoons of cayenne-curry ketchup to dip broken up patties in - 80
- 16 oz. jade green tea
- 16 oz. yerba mate tea
- 16 oz. honeydew melon kombucha tea - 100
- A little piece of bread and 19 french fries (Arbitrarily decided each item was about 35 calories. I don't know. The fries were big and oily.) - 700
- Lots of chocolate chips - 500
- Swig of wine and diet tonic water - 50 (uneducated guess)
Like I said, the binge wasn't nearly as extreme as the last. In fact, I probably ate more food on my days off work before I was dieting than I did yesterday. Even on my cheat days going forward, I think I'm going to cut out the fried foods, sweets, and most of the added oil. It makes me sick, and I don't like being sick. It's supposed to be a pleasurable care-free day and it isn't if my intestines are dysfunctional.
God, what a boring food picture. I need to start eating more interesting food. I could have taken pictures of my food from yesterday, but I did not. (Sigh.)