Thursday, June 16, 2011

Moderation

Yesterday was my second "cheat" or "binge" day on the Slow Carb Diet, and it was much more tame than the last one. I had actually managed to avoid making myself sick until just before bed last night, when I ate a third of a bag of chocolate chips. Other than that my food choices were no worse than the "standard American." Or so.

Also, I started P90X on Tuesday. My success in the program may depend in part on whether I injured my shoulder yesterday. Of course, today's workout happens to be "Shoulders and Arms," so I should figure out pretty quickly how bad it is. If it's anything serious it could be a "rotator cuff" injury, but I could have also just strained it since I was stiff. I did a back-flip while hanging from a pull-up bar. That's why my shoulder hurts. It was dumb.

I don't think I got enough sleep last night. Instead of going to sleep soon after 10:30 when I was ready, I played Angry Birds for an inordinate amount of time. I don't know how long it was precisely, but the battery died on my phone, and that's the reason I quit playing. I hope it wasn't more than a couple of hours, but it's hard to tell with those things.

My writing doesn't seem to be very inspired right now, so I'm going to jump to food.


June 13
  • 3 sticks of Double Mint gum
  • tofu scramble, black beans, and broccoli
  • 68 oz. of water
  • 12 oz. of yerba mate tea
  • B12 supplement
  • swig of wine and diet tonic water

June 14
  • 2 Boca patties
  • 104 oz. water
  • tofu, lentil, broccoli
  • 1 stick Stride peppermint gum
  • 8 oz. almond milk with 1.5 tablespoons of brown rice protein (post-workout)
  • 2 Boca patties, this time with mustard

June 15
  • 3 Keebler fudge sticks - 480 calories
  • 2 Boca patties with mustard - 140
  • 8 oz. almond milk with 1.5 T brown rice protein - 110
  • 52 oz. water
  • B12 supplement
  • 2 servings mashed potatoes with 1 T Earth Balance margarine - 240
  • 2 servings whole wheat macaroni with "cheese" sauce - 650
  • 2 Boca patties with about a tablespoon of olive oil - 260
  • 4 tablespoons of cayenne-curry ketchup to dip broken up patties in - 80
  • 16 oz. jade green tea
  • 16 oz. yerba mate tea
  • 16 oz. honeydew melon kombucha tea - 100
  • A little piece of bread and 19 french fries (Arbitrarily decided each item was about 35 calories. I don't know. The fries were big and oily.) - 700
  • Lots of chocolate chips - 500
  • Swig of wine and diet tonic water - 50 (uneducated guess)
Calorie total: 3,310

Like I said, the binge wasn't nearly as extreme as the last. In fact, I probably ate more food on my days off work before I was dieting than I did yesterday. Even on my cheat days going forward, I think I'm going to cut out the fried foods, sweets, and most of the added oil. It makes me sick, and I don't like being sick. It's supposed to be a pleasurable care-free day and it isn't if my intestines are dysfunctional.

Happy eating!

God, what a boring food picture. I need to start eating more interesting food. I could have taken pictures of my food from yesterday, but I did not. (Sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment